Monday, October 24, 2011

Recipe Monday

[Update] This is very spicy!!  But it is really good! Next time I make it, I will cut the wing sauce with regular bbq sauce. 

We love the Zesty Chicken BBQ in the crockpot, so when I stumbled onto this recipe from Big Oven, I knew I had to try it.  Great for cool days and easy dinner nights!

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (http://www.bigoven.com/)

4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 17 1/2 bottle buffalo wing sauce divided
1/2 oz dry ranch salad dressing packet
2 tblsp butter
Hoagie rolls or buns

Place the frozen chicken breasts into slow cooker and pour 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or longer, which is what I do).

Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter and shred the meat finely with 2 forks. Pile on hoagie or bun.  Splash with extra wing sauce if desired. 

Enjoy!

No comments: