Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Almost There - 11 months!

Lila, you are 11 months old! How can it be??  How can it be almost a year since you were born?? I know, I know, it just is.

A few of your notables this month:
  • You can stand all by yourself. Sometimes you just let go of whatever you are holding on to, and sometimes you just stand up from a sitting position.
  • You are almost walking. You would really like to be walking. You have taken a few steps here and there but when you realize what you are doing, you fall to the floor. Nate walked at 11 months, so I suspect it might be soon.  But we'll see. I used to dread it, but now am looking forward to it.
  • You are a really happy baby most of the time. But you sure let us know when something is not quite right. Wonder where you got that from?
  • You have made some, well let's just say interesting changes to your sleeping habits this month. Dad & I would really like you to change back into our wonderfully sleeping child. Please, I beg you. 
  • You are most likely getting another tooth, which could be contributing to the previous entry. 
  • You are saying MaMa, BaBa, Bye-Bye, and BotBot (bottle). You still don't say DaDa, much to his dismay. 
  • You are so excited when Nate & I pick you up in the afternoons. All the teachers love to watch you crawl over to us and hear all your sounds. It's hilarious.  
  • You love books. One of the few activities you will do by yourself is pull books off your bookshelf and read books.  Your favorites are Pat the Bunny, That's Not My Tractor and That's Not My Monster that Mimi sent you for Halloween.  
  • You are going to be Yoda for Halloween!  I would really prefer that you be something girly, but Nate insisted since he will be Darth Vader of course.
  • You get cuter every.single.day. We cannot get through a shopping trip without several people stopping us to tell me how pretty your eyes are...how pretty your hair is...or just how cute you really are.  It makes me smile.
LuLu Bell, we love you so much. We will celebrate your 1st birthday big next month! 

1 comment:

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

OHHH! Baby Girl is going to be Yoda?? You are an awesome mommy.