Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nate's Birthday

Nate's 5th birthday was a fabulous day. I gave him the choice whether he wanted to stay at home with me & Lila or if he wanted to go to school and have cake with his friends. He decided to stay home and I was glad. We started off the day with a few presents from Mom & Dad. He was a happy boy.


After his standard breakfast of oatmeal - I begged him to let me fix him something special but no dice - Debbie arrived and we played Star Wars for a bit for heading out to lunch at Bread Company.

When I asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday, he said go to Monkey Joe's. So we did. He had a GREAT time and was fearless! A big change from last year.




After a short rest, for Mom, we met up with Dad and went to Fitz's for dinner. He inhaled his grilled cheese sandwich and moved on to their famous root beer float.

I made a crazy decision to make his cake again this year. We didn't really know what it was going to be until a few days before. It is the Ice Planet, Hoth, from Star Wars. He loved it and I was glad. Making a cake that takes concentration and a baby in the house DON'T MIX.


Happy Birthday my sweet Christmas baby. We love you!

No comments: