Many of you are so sweet to ask me how it's going. And I'm sure I gave you a glowing answer of how great things are around here. And for the most part, things are 99.99% fabulous - I'm really telling the truth. Lila is a great baby. She sleeps more than any almost-4-week old baby should. At least based on our past experience, more than any Scott & Abatha Boyle baby should. And Nate is wonderful too. He is adjusting well and we are finally hitting our stride on the transition to a family of 4. But for that last little bit of the percentage to get to perfect, I have some confessions about how it's really going.
Is my house as clean as I'd like it to be? No. The surface cleaning is no problem, but the deep cleaning has gone by the wayside. It drives me crazy. And just when I think I can't take the grime anymore, it snows. Oh my goodness. Talk about getting on my nerves. Just getting on my nerves doesn't even really describe it, just ask Scott. I may or may not have likened our front yard to the Griswold's last week. Well we do have a canoe in the side yard, no kidding.
Do I enjoy doing laundry as much as I used to? No. Because I love to fold the clothes as soon as they get out of the dryer. And sometimes all my children's schedules don't match the dryer schedule. But I still love laundry, I just can't fall out of love with it. We are just on a break right now. Not a break from laundry, I'm doing plenty, but the love affair is on hold for a bit.
Do Scott and I have any meaningful conversations? No. We are simply providers for our children at this point. Conversations to resume some time in February when I go back to work and we can email during the day. I didn't realize how much business we transact over email to keep our lives going.
Do I get to spend enough one on one time with Nate? No. But we're both adjusting and enjoying the time we do get to spend together.
Am I getting enough sleep? No. But not because the baby is keeping me up. I've had sleepless nights since Lila was born and both my children are sawing logs. C.R.A.Z.Y. I guess it's because I just don't have time to think about alot of things during the day, so I have to do that at night. I hope this phase ends soon! I'd at least like to take advantage of the fact that Lila sleeps better than her brother did - for right now that is.
How do I really feel? Well, pretty darn good. Glad not to be pregnant anymore and ready to start on the elliptical again. But the TV commercials for the Midwest Hemmorhoid Treatment Center may or may not look appealing to me. Just sayin.
That's it folks - that's how it's really going around here. Not too shabby.
No comments:
Post a Comment