I'm sitting here thinking about my last day at EFT Source. It's been coming for awhile and I didn't think I would feel sadness. I dealt with most of the emotions back in December when I stepped away from the day to day activities. Since then I've remained employed to provide a bridge of knowledge and to manage a few projects. Today, I am moving on.
But I do feel sadness, not necessarily for the work I'm leaving now but for the memories and the people. I've been at EFT Source since 2001, about 3 months after Scott and I got married. I interviewed on September 10th, 2001. September 11th happened the next day. And I started full-time on September 12th. It was a very interesting time to start a new job, to say the least.
We adopted Kitty Paus while I was there.
I went to graduate school and got my MBA while I was there.
We bought our first house while was there.
We brought Nate into the world while I was there.
Scott got his Ph.D while I was there.
We moved to St. Louis while I was there.
We brought Lila home while I was there.
Scott completed his post doctorate work while I was there.
We got Truman while I was there.
And countless other things.
Most importantly, I grew and grew and grew while I was there. I made friends that will be with me for life there. I'm beyond grateful for their friendship, honesty, and loyalty. They bring me happiness every day. Although it wasn't always grapes and giggles, it was in fact a job sometimes, the time spent there and with these people will stay with me forever.
So what's next? Other than continuing to be an employee for my family of 4, and a volunteer at St. Louis Children's Hospital, I'm not sure yet. But I'm not worried. I believe strongly that closing this door means the next one will open when it's time.
Cheers to closing this era with EFT Source and to whatever comes next!
1 comment:
Now you're making me cry, and after the Cards won last night. How dare you!!! I wouldn't have survived many days without you at EFT; you were my go to girl, and you always produced with a smile and a helping hand. You'll be missed, and I know where to find you to say hello! :-)
Post a Comment