Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Catching Up

I'm a few weeks behind. It's a season. Yes, that's what it is! 

Nate swam in his first swim meet with the new team a couple weeks ago. He did very well, and I was so proud of him for going out there and getting it done. He's learning so much, physically and mentally. He's committed and we couldn't be more pleased!
He was a little not himself during the swim meet and I should have predicted that he was getting sick, but I didn't. So when he woke up at 4:00 AM the next day and said it felt like he was swallowing fire, we were a little surprised. Lila had a soccer game, so I put him back to bed until I could get back and take him to the doctor.

Thankfully, our pediatrician is open on Saturdays so I got him an appointment and off we went. You know what is fun to do on a Saturday? Take a sick kid and a healthy kid to the doctor's office.

They were very nice and very quick to diagnose him with strep throat. It was lovely, but after we got his prescription, we came home and did a lot of resting. Truman dug it.
At one point, this is how close he was to my face. Slightly un-nerving.
Nate recovered well and was back to himself in no time. Then he caught a cold. And passed it to the rest of us. The gift that keeps on giving!


No comments: