Friday was the start of post-season play for the Cardinals. So of course I was a ball nerves. You would truly think I actually play the game or something.
Lila suggested that we make our own pizzas in honor of the Cardinals, so we did. I made homemade pizza dough in my bread machine and it turned out so good! Here's the little chef starting her creation.
I forgot to take a picture of the kids pizzas before popping them into the oven, but since I was trying to make an effort at documenting, I took one while they were baking.
This was the adult's pizza. I love Fontina cheese but rarely ever buy or it cook with it. I saw some while in the store the other day so I grabbed it and was happy to use it on the pizza. So yummy!I settled in to to watch the game and became my distracted post-season self. Lila was happy to play in her room and Scott took Nate to swim team. We were just about to win (Hurray!) when Scott & Nate got home.
Scott all the sudden appeared with a large manila envelope and told me he wanted to do something to thank me for all the years I worked at EFT Source. He of all people knows it wasn't always easy and he said he wanted to honor my commitment to them and our family by doing something special. I promptly told him no gifts were necessary, the true gift was that I don't have to feel pressure about getting another job right now!
I truly had no idea what could be in the envelope, and since I'm very hard to surprise, I was in a little bit of shock when I opened it to find 2 tickets to Saturday's playoff game!!!!! SO EXCITING! And my first question was??? Who is going to keep the kids??
He was so on top of things that he'd already arranged childcare and this was really the best surprise!
On Saturday afternoon, we headed down to the ballpark. I have been to World Series games but I have never been to a playoff game, so I was excited for a new experience.
During the playoff games and the World Series, the Clydesdales march around the stadium before the game. It is one of my favorite parts and makes me feel such pride for St. Louis.
The Cardinals ended up losing, but it was such a fun experience that I found myself not caring so much about that. The Cubs fans were very obnoxious however.
Thank you Scott! For all that you do and for being so good to me!
1 comment:
Look at all the red; so amazing!
Post a Comment