Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pumpkins & Apples

St. Louis had some beautiful Fall weather this weekend! We decided that it would be a good Sunday to make our annual trip to Eckert's for apple & pumpkin picking. We arrived soon after it opened, so that we didn't have to wait on the wagon to take us to the fields. I think it's the first year that this plan actually worked. We walked straight up and got on the wagon, which made us all thankful. 
Heading out to the fields! Eckert's is in Illinois and is not the closest place to us for pumpkin picking. But I love being out of the city for a little while and actually getting to do our own picking.
Trying to select the best one...
It took a minute to find the very very best one...
Sweet Nate, I just cannot tell you how nostalgic I've been getting lately about when he was little. He loves when I talk about the old days. Or maybe the opposite of that.
My pumpkins!
After selecting our pumpkins, we got back on the wagon and went over to the apple orchards. Off they go!

We came home with more apples than I really know what to do with, but I've been on a mission with apples lately - to leave them out on the counter and see what happens. And what do you know, both of the kids come get them without asking or prodding (more importantly).

It was another glorious trip to Eckert's - something we look forward to every year!

No comments: