It's been a while since I did a recipe post. This doesn't mean I haven't been cooking, it just means I haven't been cooking anything too terribly interesting. My mom gave me this recipe and it is one she has had for many years. It was passed to her by my Uncle Mark's mother, Betty. I love that the recipe card she gave me still has Betty's name on it. I wish we still did that - exchanged "From the Kitchen Of" cards with our recipes.
Any who...this recipe is fabulous. Even my kids cleaned their plates. Which a is a red letter day. Because the usual day involves Lila taking one bite and then saying "YiYa all done!"
I made mine in the crockpot, but the recipe calls for the oven. I don't think it made a difference.
 |
| Taste of Home |
Chicken Westmoreland - Betty Haas
1 3oz jar of dried beef (yes, I had to ask my mom where dried beef was kept at the store)
8 chicken breasts (or less)
8 strips of bacon (more or less)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pt sour cream
Mix sour cream & soup. Place dried beef in bottom of casserole. Wrap chicken with bacon. Place on dried beef. Cover with sour cream & soup mixture. Cook at 275 for 3 hours.
And if you are still reading...do you have any good recipes for cube steak? We got several pieces of this cut from our quarter cow this year. And I don't have a great way to fix it. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
Ihave had this before. It is very yummy! My mom would probably have some thoughts on the cube steak. Thoughts that would probably involve cream of mushroom soup. ;)
Post a Comment