Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Art, Dishes & Surprises

A few randoms from our life lately...
 
Nate is taking an art class in Tower Grove Park this fall. We knew we wanted to sign him up for a class but weren't sure exactly where to go. Insert Google. I found St. Louis Open Studio and Art Gallery (SCOAG) and it had a kids class on Construction starting soon. So we signed him up.
 
It wasn't until we went the first day, did we realize it was in this building inside the park. How cool is that?
 
 The class is taught by a very nice young man from Berkeley, CA.  And the class contains 3 boys, all as jazzed about art as Nate. Some things just work out. And this did.
 
Nate has a blast and has already made some awesome creations. He's even opened up his art studio in the basement and hosted Scott, Lila & I for classes.
 
Although I don't want to think of him being a struggling artist someday, he could totally pull it off!
 
No, this is not abstract art. And yes, I know I need to clean the grout in my kitchen. Workin on it. Ignorin it.
 
These are Lila's breakfast dishes that she so kindly brought to the kitchen after she was finished. I guess if you can't reach the counter, this is better than the alternative!
 
 The Bakers were in town on Sunday for the baseball game and we are so glad they broke their attending game losing streak:) Myra was so happy to see her first winning game at the ballpark! And Reid "caught" a foul ball!
 
They dropped by after the game, and it was a wonderful surprise. Surprises are frequent when you live with Scott Boyle. But this surprise we couldn't have planned better if we tried. They stayed for dinner and everyone had such fun catching up. Our kids only see each other every few months, if that, but pick up right where they left off each time. I love that part.
 
And Lila was SO excited to sit with the big kids. She did a fabulous job of staying in her seat and eating her dinner. Must have been the peer pressure.


No comments: