A few months ago, I started hearing about Stitch Fix on several blogs that I read. It is a personal stylist service that mails you 5 clothing or accessory items based on information you tell about yourself (size, shape, preference, etc...) They send you the prices for the items and the $20 styling fee goes towards anything you would like to purchase. Whatever you don't like, you package up in the pre-paid envelope and mail back to them. Easy enough. I thought it sounded like something I would like to try once, so I submitted my information and waited for the "fix" to arrive.
I finally received my box and it contained 4 clothing items and 1 pair of earrings. They also include a card that tells you how to style the clothes. I tried on all the clothes and everything was just so-so. Every item did fit but was not necessarily my style and I knew I just wouldn't get much wear out of any of the pieces. I did like the earrings, so I kept them and sent the rest back.
In the mean time, I told my Mom about it and she scheduled her fix. She loved the clothes they sent her! And she looks so cute and stylish in what they picked out for her. She was such a big fan, that I decided to adjust my preferences a little bit and try one more time.
The package arrived the day before I left for England. I had been stressing about what bag to take as my carry-on for the trip. I wanted something large to fit all of my stuff, but not too large that it would bother me to carry it. I had not located anything yet and was feeling worried about it (yes, I worry about everything).
There were 4 clothing items included in the box. I tried them all on and again, they were just so-so. I liked some of them, but not enough to justify the price. But then, lo and behold, the 5th item was a travel tote. Yes, a TOTE. On the day before I left for England. It was fate.
![]() |
| Au Revoir Tote www.tossdesigns.com |
It is literally the best bag I have ever owned for travel. It is big and roomy but not bulky or heavy. I got many compliments on it and it served every purpose that I needed it to serve. I'm so excited to use it for my work bag when I travel now too!
So Stitch Fix did not end up being a winner for me with the clothes. I think I've figured out that I like trying things on in the store to make sure I like them before they come home with me. But for someone in a rural area (like my Mom) or a very busy on the go lady, I would still recommend it! I hear they do get better the more feedback you give them.
But I'll forever be grateful to them for sending me the Au Revoir tote in my time of need:)


No comments:
Post a Comment