Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Zoo Afternoon

Busy week already! So I'm just getting around to last weekend's activities. The River's Edge at the Zoo got a makeover and last Friday was the Member Preview Day. Scott was off work and we were very glad to be able to make it. I feel like we went to the Zoo a lot more when Nate was little so I'm always happy to carry on this tradition with Lila. 

This picture cracks me up and is now on the home screen of my phone. It shows their personalities so well at this stage of life. Lila is always acting goofy and Nate is always thinking she's crazy. I love it. 
We got to see the new baby elephant! It was so sweet.
I didn't get a picture of it because there were so many people in front of the rail and I figured I'd be back on not such a crowded day.
Checking out jaguar teeth or something...:)

After we got done seeing the bears, hippos, hyenas, and mongooses, we went over to the area where they have music on Friday nights to eat our picnic. We had our picnic blanket with us but were a late arrival so there was no place on the grass. We sat at a table instead but the kids still wanted to sit on the blanket. Figures.

Scott took them to get ice cream after dinner and they came back with these 2 giant cones. Definitely not Mom approved! So messy. But they had fun.
Lila's favorite thing is to ride the carousel so we did that before going home. Nate looks thrilled:)
On our way out, we had to pass by the mister one more time. Which Lila thoroughly enjoyed.
And just for fun, I had to throw in a picture of Truman. Eating the channel changer. I don't know what it is about our house that makes cats act like dogs. Or maybe just like insane cats. Good to know we nurture them to greatness.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: