We wrapped up last week with our new fence finally getting installed! It's been put off several times due to the wet weather, so we were all thankful when it got completed on Thursday! It's so nice and we're glad to be rid of the old fence and all the out of control vegetation that was growing on it (neighbors are all wonderful, aren't they?)
My mom came to visit us on Friday and we were all very glad to see her. Most of all me. It doesn't matter how old you are, your mom always makes everything better just by her presence. I hope my kids feel the same way when they are all grown-up!We made a trip to the pool while she was here. The kids had fun for a little bit, but the cooler temperatures made it not bearable for very long. We went back on Saturday and had the same kind of experience - but they both love it so much that it makes even the chilly days worth it.
On Sunday, we celebrated the Dad in our house. I made red velvet cake balls (they should be illegal) and we showered him with a few gifts before he left for work.
Lila was adamant that she open all gifts and cards and being the good Dad he is, Scott let her.
You can't see it here, but Nate is already in his evil court jester costume. At 6:45 AM. I do not believe my children will ever out grow the getting up early stage. And no, in case you were going to suggest it, I'm not willing to keep them up any later at night. It's called sanity and I'd like to keep mine.
After another visit to the pool on Sunday, when it was finally warm enough to swim, we went to Dierbergs to grab some dinner. The kids usually get a sushi roll - which for them consists of rice, shrimp, carrots, and seaweed - so we waited patiently for the chef to make it special for us. Then they proceeded to eat every single bite once we got home. I think there are 15 pieces in this box, and I bet Lila ate 10 of them herself.
These are the kids that won't eat tacos. But they'll eat sushi. Figures.
No comments:
Post a Comment