When Scott & I got home from Belize, we spent a short night at our house then took off early the next morning for Charleston to go see our kids!!! We missed them so much and it was the longest that we had ever been away from them. They were well taken care of in our absence and we are beyond thankful for loving grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!
We spent the night at my parents house and enjoyed time with my family. The next day, we brought Bluet & Ilona back to our house so their parents could pack up all their stuff. The kids were so excited to see the kitties and the house - they had been away for 3 weeks! Crazy!
After we dropped all the bags, Ilona and I made a quick trip to the grocery store as the cupboards were more than bare. My cute shopping partner...There was a dress up party when we got back!
Lila is, sadly, not very into her costumes right now. But Bluet & Ilona went into costume mode and pretty much wore one the rest of the time they were at our house. I loved it.
The girls...please ignore the fact that my couch pillows do not have covers on them. I'm working on it.
The next morning, Scott was kind enough to go get them donuts. Princesses and prince enjoyed the sweetness!
After a breakfast of champions, we headed to the zoo to meet up with my parents, Emily & Ben, Hamil and Michael. We missed Sarah, Thane & Ruel!
It's hard to get a picture...Nate is really feeling being the oldest by 5 years.
Most of them sort of looking at the camera...I'll call it a win. Lila did too.
Checking out the monkeys. I never really take my kids in there because I think it smells. But they loved it. Especially Ilona. She could have stayed in there all day.
Lila is so into her babies in this season. We take them everywhere. And I usually end up carrying one or more of them. She wanted to take a picture of me holding Kayleigh (I think that's her name, they change sometimes) waving her hand. I'll go ahead and accept the Mom of the Year award. Thank you.
The Carousel! My kids like the carousel more than the the train at the Zoo.
Scott was kind enough to keep all the kids that night so that the rest of the adults could go to the ballgame. The Cardinals were terrible, but the company was lovely.
Emily, Ben, Bluet & Ilona left the next morning. Tears. But we have such wonderful memories of their visit! I just wish they lived next door. One can dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment