Thursday, August 25, 2016

More Georgia Adventures

One of the traditions of our summer trip to Georgia is to go to Stone Mountain Laser Show! Usually I'm working, so I don't get to go on this trip, but this year I was excited to be able to take part in this fun event this year!

We could not have asked for better weather. It was cool and clear. Perfect. 
We got there early so the kids and Scott played some football on the lawn.


No personality. None at all.
Serving up Stone Mountain!
Scott had to head back to St. Louis to go back to work, but the kids and I stayed the rest of the week. One of the days was a Ladies Day! We fulfilled one of my long time dreams, which was to go to the Margaret Mitchell House. I love Gone with the Wind and have read it many many times. The "house" didn't disappoint! It's actually just an apartment where Margaret and her husband lived when she was writing Gone with the Wind. I found it all very interesting!
It was definitely worth the trip and I was so thankful to get to spend the day with two of my very favorite ladies! It was a nice break to get to spend the week in Georgia talking and catching up with them. Good for my soul.
I was lucky enough to get to take Lila & Levi to Catch Air one day! The big boys went with Aunt Amanda and Mimi to the arcade while the littles jumped their hearts out.


They stopped for a minute to pump some iron...
and ride the stationary bike.
I was so thankful to get to spend some one on one time with these special kiddos.
 Mwah! Love him.

No comments: