Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weekend Follies

After a week at the pool, the weather turned cooler on Saturday, so we had to find an alternate activity. We haven't been to the Zoo much this spring, so we decided to do a quick trip. It was kind of sprinkling on and off, so we stuck mainly to the houses. There were still plenty of people at the zoo. Always. 

We started off at the Insect & Butterfly House. We don't go in there much so it was some new material. The kids especially liked the butterfly area. After Lila got over some initial trepidation. 
Lila really wanted one of them to land on her, but she was too wiggly for that to happen.
Nate grabbed a guide and pointed out all the different species to us. Always the tour guide.
The kids were excited that they sting rays were back. Nate & I both touched one, and Lila really wanted to, but was a little scared to do it. Next time.
Sweet girl checking out the sea lions.
Life with Lila. Always striking out on her own path. It will serve her well in life, I'm certain.
We only meant to stop at a few houses, because it was getting close to lunch time, but we ended up seeing more than we usually see on a Zoo day. They were both very good and super interested. Maybe I should suggest a "quick trip" more often?!?
We came home to have lunch and rest. Then, after doing a few afternoon activities (Easy Bake Oven and painting nails, so that I can remember those 10 years from now) - we ventured out to eat Mexican. I have to say they are really growing up. I was by myself, at a restaurant with my 2 children, and I actually enjoyed it. Now that's some growth. 

No comments: