A few weeks ago, my Mom called to ask if Nate & Lila could go on a canoe trip with her and my Dad. I told her that Nate had swim team and camp but Lila WAS AVAILABLE. In the days of what seems like endless sibling squabbling, I was thankful for the reprieve.
I was also very thankful for some one on one time with Nate. And it turns out that I got a stomach bug and bronchitis last week, so it turned out better than we could have planned it to be minus a kid!
His only request since he had to pass on the canoe trip was to go to the Lego Store. So we went out to West County Mall to go to the store and have lunch. I know I'm his mother, but isn't he just the most handsome boy you have ever seen? I sure think so.
And I was so pleased because he picked out his own clothes this day and he picked one of my favorite shirts. Maybe picking out his clothes for the past almost 9.5 years is going to work in my favor. That's good because when I left the house this morning, Lila had on a white shirt, white biker shorts and purple underwear. Every mother's dream.I had to include this picture, just because. Clearly, reading Harry Potter wore Truman out.
No comments:
Post a Comment