Monday, March 9, 2015

Thank You Mother Nature

One of these days, I'll learn not to complain about St. Louis's March weather. Because one weekend, it can be snowing, sleeting and freezing rain and the next weekend it can be sunny and 65. Thank You Mother Nature. 

After last weekend's snow storm and the ensuing cold that lasted until Thursday, we were really ready to get out of the house on Saturday. When I saw the temperature was supposed to be at least 60 degrees, I knew the Zoo would literally be a ZOO by noon, so we hurried up and arrived promptly at 9:00 AM. Truly, it's not that hard for us when Lila gets up at 5:30 AM. On Saturday. Sigh. 

Yay! The Zoo! And a map. Do y'all remember Nate's fascination with Zoo maps? Ok, maybe not. But I do. Lila is carrying that torch well. 
The Carousel - it never gets old.
Ok, maybe it does to him. Keepin it real. But he perked up shortly after this picture was taken.
Balancing the sea lion's ball on their noses. The bar wouldn't go high enough for Nate, he's getting so tall!

At the Bird House, there were these peacocks that guarded every door. No joke, we had to walk by the house 3 times before we were able to sneak in a door. I don't know if they would peck you or not, but the sounds they were making made me not want to find out. Lila thought it was all fabulous.
Nate with the Snake Guy. Yes, I should know his name. No, I don't.
I loved being in the sunshine with my peoples. We were sad that Scott missed out on such a beautiful day, but hopefully we're going to be seeing more of them soon!

No comments: