I like having routines, so I've decided that Thursday is going to be our baking day. And let's face it, when it's 15 degrees and snowing outside, everybody needs a little something to take the edge off.
This week, I decided on these red velvet whoopie pies (Recipe from Mix & Match Mama, found here). I realized after we made them that they fit better with Valentine's Day, but the kids both love anything red velvet, so it was worth the reach back.
Lila can crack an egg to perfection. I had to work up to letting the kids crack eggs, but with practice, they are now both very good at it. I just keep the wipe box right next to us so they can wipe their hands right after. That's helps with my OCD.
One of my favorite little bakers!
She of course likes to lick the spatula. And loved it even more that it made her mouth red.
She immediately declared she had "blood mouth" and couldn't wait to tell Nate when he got home. The epitome of ladylike. That she is.
These are so yummy! And require extra elliptical time. Totally worth it. Scott is training for a marathon, so I'm just trying to do my part in helping him keep up with his caloric intake.
They also match perfectly with my soon-not-to-be red walls. I finally picked a paint color this week. It's only the 3rd one, and I think it's the charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment