At last I can stop talking about the blasted kitchen sink! We have one that works and I am ever so excited.
On the day after the plumber came to hook up the kitchen sink, Scott started measuring for the back splash. Well. It was then that we figured out that one side of the wall cabinets had not been hung at the same height as the others. Something about having to level the lower cabinets, blah blah blah, because the floors aren't even, blah, blah, blah. Last I checked, a tape measure is a tool that measures things and 17 3/4 inches does not equal 18 inches! Sigh. Over the people being in my house.
So. The people had to come back out and take the cabinets off the wall and raise them up. That means we had to unload everything for this to happen. But we did it, and the part of moving them was actually fairly painless.
The sink - still no cabinet underneath (they forgot to order it initially, then they ordered the wrong size - sigh - how do people renovate whole houses??!!??)
In other news, Scott, Nate & Lila have gotten on a game streak this winter. They play a game nearly every night. The favorites are Uno Attack, Crazy 8's or Go Fish. Lila wakes up in the morning asking to play Crazy 8's and it is the first question she asks when she gets home from school.
Yesterday, Lila & I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Fox Theater to see Cinderella with my mom, my aunts Lee & Kathy and cousins Elena & Sonia. On Friday, I was looking through Lila's closet and I decided she didn't have something nice enough to wear, so I went to the mall and got a darling dress on super sale from Christmas. And then I proceeded not to take a picture of the whole dress while it was on her:) It was darling, trust me.I was trying to take a picture of her walking in - she looked up at the grand ceiling and her mouth dropped open. I have to admit I got a tear in my eye. Such a fun experience with the ladies on my mom's side of the family.
Yes, yes she does believe it was an audition. As my dear friend Nicole said, "if we only had their confidence." So true, so true.
Elena, Kathy & Sonia - so glad we go to do this with them and my Aunt Lee. Warms my heart. (so regret that we didn't get a picture of all of us!).
Since we got home from the show yesterday afternoon, Lila has been putting on a million shows for us and asking if she can be up there on stage next time. The best part? She doesn't want to be Cinderella. She would much rather be the Fairy Godmother. Love.
1 comment:
Abatha, I have said it before and I will say it again. I love your blog! I just spent time catching up on you January and February and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing the happenings of the Boyle house. xxoo JE
Post a Comment