Monday, October 20, 2014

Visitors & Birthdays

It was a beautiful Fall weekend in St. Louis.  A little cooler than normal, but perfectly sunny and crisp. Mimi & Paka made the trip up to STL and we were all very happy to see them! 

Scott had to work on Saturday, so we hung out and Mary & I got a little shopping in - I love when she comes as it is about the only time I go shopping without a kid with me:) Scott worked the early shift, so he got home in time for a pasta dinner to get ready for his big race on Sunday. 

He and Kevin ran the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon and both did very well! We are so proud of both of them and their hard work to get ready for this race. 

Last night we celebrated October birthdays at home, since Mary, Scott, and Kevin's birthdays are all this month. Of course I made the Better Than Anything cake. I only do it once a year, because it's that good. And that rich. And has about a billion calories, I'm sure. 
Today is Scott's actual birthday, so we'll have another small celebration with just our family tonight. We're so thankful for him and hope this next year is best yet! Happy Birthday! 

No comments: