Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tiny Dancer

It's been said that parents sometimes like to live vicariously through their children. I'm totally guilty of that. With Nate, that's swimming for me. And with Lila, it's dance. I've known that she was going to at least try dance since Miss Mary, the ultrasound tech, told us she was a girl. The long awaited day for this to happen was this past Tuesday. 

Luckily, there is a great studio, right here in Maplewood, just a few blocks from our house. The teacher is someone that Jane Ellis knew, so I felt totally comfortable with my decision to try this studio. 

A week before the first class, I got an email that she needed to have a black leotard, pink tights, tap shoes, and ballet shoes before the first class. (full disclosure, she did say it was OK if they didn't have everything by the first class, but no way was I letting that happen). So Lila and I headed to a local dance store to procure these items. The store ladies were fabulous and even taught Lila a few little steps. She loved it! 

Dance day was finally here! We got her all dressed up...
and then she wanted to pose with a Steak N Shake car. Of course.
Waiting for her class! She did so good and the teacher told me that she was a great listener. So proud!
She can't wait to go back and I'm so glad she liked it!

No comments: