I was asking Lila if she was my baby and she kept saying NO. So I asked her if she was my big girl and she continued to say NO. I asked her "whose she was." And she said "Nobody's. I live in the country."
Nate now comes home from swim team to tell me who he's "beat" that day. That competitive fire lighting isn't going to take as long as I thought.
I turned in the withdrawal form this week to Lila's school. For the first time in 7 years, the whole time we've lived in St. Louis, the SLCH CDC will not be part of our daily lives come August. Sad, but there are good things to come!
Nate discovered Minecraft this week. Help.us.all.
I booked our flights for Orlando this week. Disney, here we come! I've already been looking at the Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique online for Lila. Tips on this are welcome!
When the kids were getting ready to be separated last week (Nate staying at home, Lila going to my parents), Nate was telling Lila that he didn't want her to leave. She, very matter of factly, answered, "Well Nate, I'll pretend to text you." On her pretend phone.
I think July forgot what temperature it was supposed to be this week.
We got Lila a timer light to tell her when she can get up in the mornings. I told Truman this morning that I think he needs the same light. No trying to mame Kitty P before 6:00 AM, please.
I sort of have to agree with the Post Dispatch headline this week. The Cardinals are bad and boring again. Breaks my heart.
I think we've been to the July 4th VP Parade downtown every year since we've lived in St. Louis. It's one of our family traditions. But this year, I'm going to stay home with Lila while Nate & Scott go. The fear of fire engines and loud noises is just too much for her. She is, after all, the descendant of some serious ear plug users.
No comments:
Post a Comment