Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fourth

We had a relaxing, productive, non-eventful 4th of July. It's just what we needed around here. We didn't have any plans other than to do stuff around the house and grill something, since that is our American duty of course. 

On Friday, Scott & Nate headed to the VP Parade. It was held in Forest Park this year since there is construction down by the Arch. Lila & I ran errands instead and were pleasantly surprised with how empty the stores were because it was a holiday. I let Nate take my little camera and they managed to get a few pictures. 
Getting some candy from Superman...
The infamous "veiled prophets" - if you look closely at the boat in front (left), you will see 2 veiled men. They kind of creep me out, but it is a St. Louis tradition, so I tolerate it.  
There is a big celebration theme this summer here in St. Louis - it is the city's 250th birthday!
On Saturday, I did some shopping, the kids & Scott went to the pool and made ice cream, and we spent too much time in Home Depot picking out a new grill. It was a fairly lazy day.

On Sunday, I decided it was finally time to paint the end tables in the living room. It's only been 6 months since we made over that room. So we got them outside and Lila started with giving them a good clean.
Then we primed and started painting. Pictures to come when they are finished and back in the living room!
We finally broke down and got a gas grill. We both prefer charcoal, but I wanted to be able to grill when Scott wasn't home and let's face it, ain't nobody got time for the coals to heat up on a week night.
So we found one that he liked and the kids enjoyed the boxes.

Lila loves to help so she stayed outside for most of the time he was putting it together. I'm not sure how much help she is, but she does have staying power, I'll give her that.


The kids have been talking about Truman's birthday since we got him last year. We've never celebrated Kitty P's birthday, but they were bound and determined we we were going to celebrate Truman's.
We don't know exactly when he was born but it was around now, so we celebrated with canned cat food.
We couldn't leave Kitty P out so we celebrated her birthday too. Whenever that may be.
I think for the first time, she appreciated that Truman had been born. Since she got to eat canned cat food and all. She's back to thinking he ruined her life today.
They are never this close to each other unless Truman is on her back biting the heck out of her neck. So it was a sweet moment.
And of course we grilled on the new grill last night! I can't wait to do it myself!
Happy Monday!

No comments: