Swim team ended last week, and we're all so sad! But before the sad ending, Nate had a swim team party and one last swim meet. He and Scott went to the party while Lila & I were both out of town - and they had a great time swimming silly races and having fun with his teammates. We are SO proud of Nate for his effort with swim team. He gave 100% every practice and meet. And he gained quite a bit of confidence. So much that he is going to do a kids triathlon in the near future! We couldn't be happier. Or surprised. But we're rolling with it!
Mimi & Paka came up last weekend for a mid-summer visit. We are so thankful they made the trip and it was wonderful to see them. We hung out around the house, swam, shopped, and played a little baseball.
Clothing optional. According to Lila. The 5 of them also played lots of Uno Attack. The kids loved it.
I don't usually get involved in game nights, but I think I might have to take on this game. The kids were so happy to play, and that makes it worth it.
We also shopped a little...to get this sweet girl some new tennis shoes. When the lady measured her foot and said she would need a size 10, I almost fainted. I don't want her to have a size 10 foot:( Growing up too fast. They hardly had any styles in a 10, and there was no way we were leaving the store without shoes (child loves her some shoes), so I was super thankful when the sales lady pulled out these Keen tennis shoes. So cute!
On Monday, while I had to work, Scott took his parents and the kids to the Botanical Gardens. They are having a Lego exhibit there this summer and everyone thought it was fabulous. This picture reminds me of all the ones with my siblings when we were little. Don't you dare get too close to each other...
Thank you Mimi & Paka for a wonderful visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment