We had many adventures while in Costa Rica. Riding in the car is an adventure in itself! But I did something I've never done before. I zip-lined. I agreed to it long ago. And when the day arrived, I wasn't really that nervous. I didn't really want to do it, but my stomach wasn't in knots or anything. I felt pretty comfortable as we got suited up and drove to the site.
And then they asked me to climb this ladder. Um. My heart started beating so hard. And I was rethinking my answer to the heart condition question on the waiver form. I made it to the first platform and was still thinking, what the heck am I doing here?!?
I went right after Audra - I was thinking to myself, if she can do it, I can too (she has also done it before, so I took comfort in that). Stepping off the platform is the hardest thing. Visit Audra's blog here for more pictures of this adventure.
But once I was in the air, I was fine. Although I had to gear up to step off the platform every time. There were 10 platforms in all. Scott kept asking me if I saw the scenery. Um. No, I'm just concentrating on getting from one platform to the next. At the 10th platform, there was no line. We were informed we would be repelling off the platform to the ground. So I started to repeat over and over in my head "You are 36 years old. Do not cry in front of these people." I was the very last to go. After Audra, who screamed. Boy was I excited. 55 foot drop. Let's just say I won't be doing that again! Other activities...eating dinner on our porch. In CR, it gets completely dark by about 6:15 PM. So we all had a hard time staying up past 9:00 PM.
Eating breakfast on the beach, where the dogs were too close for comfort.
Taking a boat ride, that caused Audra & I to be seasick. Ick.
Dolphins in the distance - we were hoping to see the whale we had been seeing from our porch, but no such luck!
The boys were dying to go snorkeling.
They got their wish, while Audra and I tried not to be sick in the boat.
Eating lunch on the beach. We sat inside the restaurant this time to try to avoid the dogs.
Spectacular sushi!
Trying to convince Audra to try the sushi I'm sure:)
While we had a wonderful time in Costa Rica, the best part about the trip was the company. You don't find too many people in life that you can hang out with for a week and still be laughing at the end. We are so very lucky to have the Pooleys in our life! I came back rested, relaxed and encouraged from spending time with Ryan & Audra. We solved all the world's problems. Until next time...
1 comment:
I am so proud of you! I am also glad you had time with the Pooley's. What a great trip!
Post a Comment