Sunday, January 13, 2013

On Her Way

Lila is on her way to being a Big Girl. We took the plunge this weekend and moved her to a real bed. I had to take one last picture of the crib when it was setup. Because it will probably be the last time we will set it up. I thought I would be sad, I thought I would even be emotional. But surprisingly, I wasn't. 
And waa-lah, the space is transformed once again to a big kid space. I tried to find the picture of Nate in the exact same spot, but that picture is hiding realllllly well.
She thinks she is very big stuff in this new bed. I was very worried about moving her. She was quite a bit more active than Nate was in the crib. She never climbed out, but she could have easily. Nate transitioned so easily and didn't get out of bed until we went to get him until he was oh 5 years old or so:)
We left the rest of the room much the same for now. I didn't want too many changes to turn her world upside down. The rocker is still in there, but will be moved in the next couple days. I am waiting for the tears on that one!
Last night was her first night in the Big Girl bed. I was sweatin it. Scott was dozin on the couch. She was quiet for about 10 minutes, then whined a little. I went in to check on her every 10 minutes for close to an hour. She stayed awake but was quiet for at least 30 minutes. The important thing is that she STAYED IN BED. She did not utter a peep after she went to sleep and called for us when she got up.

The next hurdle was nap time. I was nervous when it rolled around today, but she went right in there and was asleep in no time. We'll see if it continues!

1 comment:

Amanda Odom said...

What a sweet quilt! I can't believe how quickly they grow up. Levi is rocking back and forth on his knees like he wants to crawl. I look at him and say, "No, no, no" to which he just smiles even bigger back at me!