Monday, January 7, 2013

Adjusting

I have no pictures. What will Nate & Lila do without any pictures to document the past week? I'm sure they will go on being the happy, hyperactive children they've been over the last few days.

Truth is, our new schedule is somewhat kicking our patooties right now. But there is light at the end of the tunnel and all of this is for the best.

Since Scott started his job in early December, his weekly schedule has been different every week. At first it wasn't such a drastic departure from our normal schedule, but we did alot of this..."Are you getting the kids today? No I'm not, are you taking the kids to school today? No I can't, I have a meeting. Well who is taking the kids to school today and picking them up? Guess we'll have to call the nanny. Oh wait. We don't have one!!!!"

Y'all that know me well know that I DO NOT thrive with lots of change in routine:) But I'm adjusting. Sort of.

When I thought we had that under our belts, Scott informs me that he will need to work some overnight rotations. I thought that meant a couple of nights. Um, I was wrong. Know any 3rd shifter bars for him to check out?:)

But soon enough he'll be on his regular schedule and we can get down to business easing into our new normal routine. I'm trying not to lose it before then.

Even with the rocky road of tackling a new schedule, we are very thankful for his new job. He really likes the people he works with and all the new challenges the Children's Hospital brings. And maybe I won't have to be committed to the funny farm before it's all settled in!

No comments: