Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lately Loves

This summer I decided to take a different approach to Nate's shoes. In the past, I've had to purchase more than 1 pair of shoes to get thru the summer / fall. I heard about Keen's and decided it was worth it to buy a more expensive shoe, but only have to do it once. These shoes are the BOMB. They are water resistant, comfortable and protect his feet. And he'll be able to wear them for PE when school starts. Score.

They went on sale at REI this week and I purchased Nate another pair for next summer and Lila a pink pair too! So exciting!
 My mother-in-law told me about this iPhone app call ShopKick. I'm usually not that into apps especially if they require me to do something. Well. This one changed my mind. You find nearby stores that will give you "kicks" and when you get to a certain amount of kicks, you can use them to get gift cards to great stores like Target, Toys-R-Us, Starbucks, etc...You can get kicks for walking into a store (varies) and for scanning items. Let me tell ya, Nate & I had a great time walking around Macy's last weekend scanning the items. He LOVED it. Score for ShopKick for providing a great way to get a return on just walking into a store AND allowing kids to be entertained while shopping:)  

 I'm not one for fancy water. But since I drink so much water, sometimes plain water gets old. I found these when I was out of town last week and am hooked. No calories and tons of great vitamins (Scott says I don't get enough vitamins.) And tastes like lemonade. Guess I'll be adding these to my bulk list for Sam's:)

No comments: