Monday, July 23, 2012

Around the World in 9 Days

The Boyles have been around the world and back in the last week and a half. Nate has been gone from his bed for 9 nights and I'm only 1 for 9 in my bed as well. But we are back home now and have many stories to tell from our adventures.

On Friday the 13th, our family of 4 flew to Atlanta to visit Mimi & Paka. Scott was thrilled when his mom suggested we go to UGA on Friday for lunch. We had an awesome lunch at the Grill and then walked over to take some pictures at the Arches. I have to admit when Scott & I first started dating he took me to the Arches, which happens to the picture recognition for UGA, I was not impressed. Being from Missouri, our idea of an Arch is much larger.

Mimi & Nate at the Arches.
Scott was almost giddy to be back in Athens. Guess we need to go more often.

Back home in Dacula, Lila listened to Paka play the guitar.

And Nate helped Mimi bake a cake.

On Sunday, the Odom family of 5 came to visit! We were so excited to meet the littlest Odom and hug on the rest of the fam.

Of course they wouldn't all look at me. Too busy shooting each other.

Levi, the littlest Odom. It was so hot and humid while we were there. I'm out of humidity practice since STL has had hardly any rain this summer. I felt like I was in one of those movies based in the south, like A Time to Kill, where everyone is always sweating:)

Goggles Girl - she is fearless in the water!

The two "littles" - thanks Blue-T for leaving your pj shirt the same week Lila got permanent marker all over hers!  We're getting good use out of it:)

He is so sweet and such a content baby. Love him.

Getting ready for Mimi's photo session - how is she already this grown up??

Giving her cheesy grin:)

The warm-up to the picture session. I love this picture. Noah & Gavin LOVE Nate. They all 3 play so well together and I'm very very thankful Nate has such wonderful cousins.

The baby that started all this grandchildren business...

We've grown alot since him!

Mimi & her lovelies!

So funny. I told Lila to smell this flower. Guess she got her senses mixed up.

Nate was trying so hard to be nice to Lila...

She wasn't having any of it...

So thankful for these 2! Nate stayed in GA with Mimi & Paka, Noah & Gavin for the week. We missed him so much but are beyond thankful that he can do this and have such a great time. 

Thank you Mimi & Paka, Amanda, David, Noah, Gavin & Levi for a wonderful week!

No comments: