Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pink

Sometimes I get tired of pink. Everything with girls is pink. When you go to the store to pick out ______ (insert anything you might need for a baby/toddler), there is usually one choice for girls. Pink. And that gets old after a while. But then I remember how sweet my pale skinned, blue-eyed girl looks in pink and I love it all over again. I mean, isn't this what I dreamed about when I just had a boy??





She gets sweeter every day. And more opinionated for that matter. But we love watching her learn and to her each day is a party. Her recognizable words include MaMa, DaDad, and BoBo. She uses a sorta kinda word for juice. But just when I think she doesn't understand what I'm saying, she nods her head for yes and shakes her head for no when I ask a question. I don't remember Nate communicating that way, but I also don't remember him not talking. He just talked. With Lila, I think she's going to perfect the non-verbal cues first:) Which is fine with me. If that only meant less noise. Which it doesn't.

Lila loves loves loves to read books. They can still entertain her independently for many minutes. She also loves to climb on things. Anything. I'm already re-thinking my plan of waiting until she's 2 to move her out of the crib. She hasn't shown any interest in climbing out yet, but I just want to be in the right mindset that we might not have another year left in the crib. It is funny to watch her shimmy up into places that I don't think she should be able to get to. I guess I should have known I would get at least one adventurous kid:)

Even though this past year has, sadly, seemed like a blur, I can say I am happy to be out of the bottle, eating every 3 hours, spitting up stage. She is growing so fast, but we are excited about these next few months as she really shows us what her personality is all about!

No comments: