Monday, September 12, 2011

Recipe Monday

I haven't been cooking much lately, sadly. It's been crazier than crazy round these parts. But I did see this fabulous fall dessert on a blog I read last week and I am definitely trying it!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake (Bon Appetit)

2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan, then dust with flour. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, fresh nutmeg and salt in a bowl.

Separately, whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl.

Cream butter and sugar in mixer. Mix in eggs one at a time. On low, add flour and pumpkin mixtures in batches. Mix just until combined, do not over mix. By hand, fold in chocolate chips.

Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake in plan and then invert on to plate. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

Yummo! Enjoy!

No comments: