Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MLK + Another Snow Day

I think a couple of years ago, I wrote a post that started with, "Dear Winter, you are just too much." These words keep popping in my head this year. Because really, Winter, you are just too much. 

After the polar vortex came and went, I thought to myself that I'm just not going to complain about the weather anymore if it's above 20 degrees. Because 20 degrees really doesn't feel that bad anymore. But when your 8 year old really needs to be in school, and it snows the day after MLK, and school is called off, it's a little hard not to complain. It didn't even snow very much. But it's cold. And the winds are supposed to gust up to 40 mph today. I guess that's something. 

We did have a relaxing long weekend. We ate Mexican on Friday night, swam at the indoor pool on Saturday, played at the park on Sunday and managed to have 2 dinner/movie nights. We got lots of rest and the boys sorted and played lots of Legos. 

Lila & I went to the store on Sunday - she's the best little shopper. 
I continue to be thankful that Lila's school never closes. She could have gone yesterday but she was starting to come down with a cold and had fever, so we didn't send her. She's back to her spit fire self today, so thankfully her school is open!

Y'all know I get my worrying from my sweet Mama. Well when I thought Lila was getting sick, we all jumped to conclusions that she had the flu. Sweet Baby Thane just had it last week and so it became more real that any of the kids could get it. When I called her to tell her it wasn't the flu, I could tell she wasn't convinced. So I told her this story that happened yesterday morning.

Lila was after Nate about something. I was working downstairs and could hear her chattering away at him. There was something she didn't like for sure. I hear a break in the talking and some stomping off toward the bathroom. I hear her come back out and say something but I couldn't tell what it was. Scott comes downstairs almost immediately doubled over in laughter.

After she was schooling him in her room, she went to the bathroom where the toothbrushes were laid out, unused. She grabbed them and walked back to Nate and had the final say of the argument..

AND....YOUR BREATH STINKS!

My mom said she wouldn't worry about her anymore.

Just another day in the life:)

No comments: