During the week between Christmas & New Years, the kids and I were on our own since Scott was working. I took off work and we busied ourselves at the park and the library, as well as made trips to Waffle House and Monkey Joe's. It's hard to believe we actually got to play outside with the blizzard we are experiencing right now (yes, Nate's return to school will be delayed at least 1 day...Grrrrreaat). We had a good week and even though I wondered how I would survive all the togetherness at times, I felt sad when it was coming to an end.
Round 2 of our Christmas started on New Year's Eve when Mimi, Paka, Amanda, David, Noah, Gavin & Levi arrived! It was Scott's last day of work for the week, so it was a special day all around.
On Wednesday, we walked to the Post to watch Georgia play in their bowl game. I've had little control over Lila's outfits during this Christmas break, as well as her hair. She told me last week that she did not have to wear a bow if she didn't want to. My heart is breaking...The crew...minus Levi. I didn't manage to get any pictures of the 5 of them. Fail.
Why yes! Lila received a pair of pajamas and immediately put them on! In fact, out of the last about 72 hours, she's worn real clothes for about 8 of those. Yesterday, she wore her bedtime pjs until naptime and then changed into a new pair for the rest of the day. -30 wind chills make me not care.
We had a fabulous time with the Boyle-Odoms. It snowed on Wednesday night and everyone got to sled on Thursday. It was super cold, so it didn't last long. We had fun just relaxing, watching movies, playing games and eating well!
Now on to the New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment