I had to memorialize a conversation I had with Lila when I was putting her to bed one night this weekend. Halloween is a big topic of conversation in our house right now. Nate loves Halloween. Like with a capital L. I do not like Halloween that much, but try to play along for his sake.
Lila has picked up on the love for Halloween and it took forever for her, or me rather, to decide what she would be for Halloween. I did try to let her pick, but it changed every couple days, so finally I nailed something down, showed it to her on the computer, got her approval, and ordered it. Yes, she changed her mind the next day, but I told her we already ordered it and it would be so cute.
Turns out cute isn't what she was going for...
Right before we turned out the lights for bed, after many conversations throughout the weekend about the costume
"Mom, am I gonna be a peacock for Halloween?"
"Yes, Lila, we ordered the peacock costume and it is going to be here very soon. Are you excited?"
"Yes."
"But I want to be a scary peacock."
"A scary peacock?
"Yes. A vampire peacock."
"A vampire peacock?"
"Yes. Like with some blood hanging out of my mouth."
Um. K.
The older brother strikes again...
1 comment:
Love her!!!
Post a Comment