After walking to pick up Nate at school on Friday, I actually caught myself saying, "Why does it have to be so hot in October!!" But I quickly took it back and reminded myself that I'll be wishing for 88 degree heat in a few weeks. Our first real taste of fall (if you don't count the cold snap we had in July) came on Saturday evening. I welcome it, really. Now if it will just stay above 60 degrees until March.
On Saturday, we needed an activity, so we decided to go to Grant's Farm. It started pouring down rain right as we were walking out the door. Fits ensued. Mainly from me. But I checked the radar and decided we were going anyway. So we did. And it didn't rain on us once.
Here we go on the tram!
Nate was not super excited about the trip, but he rallied. Thankfully. Home Home on the Range...
I don't know that we've gone to Grant's Farm when Lila could remember it. Shocking. She liked everything of course. But she typically does. Thankfully.
She really wanted to feed the goats. I was the mean mom who said we should just look at them thru the fence. These goats are VERY aggressive and Nate was so scared the time we did let him go in there when he was younger. I do have to remember that they don't have the same fears though. But heck, the goats scare ME!
The Dancing Bird. When we used to go to Grant's Farm all the time, we could make this bird do a twirl. But we've lost our touch.
The bigger the bow, the better the Mom:)
Lila talked me in to letting them ride the carousel. I have to admit, it was fun.
They were confused about having to be strapped in. I guess the one at the Zoo doesn't have straps.
I dislike this picture of me, but the look on sweet Nate's face prevailed.
Nate must have thought his feet needed photographing. How are his feet that big!?
After we were done at the "farm," we walked over to see the Clydesdales. They are so big and beautiful, it is breathtaking. Nate was not a fan of walking over there, so I bribed him by letting him take a few pictures. All in all, it was a fun day. But Nate and I both agreed that Grant's Farm isn't what it used to be. I think the fact that the Busch's don't run it anymore takes away from it's charm. Just my opinion.
On Sunday, it was chilly. A perfect day for collecting leaves. So we walked around the block and came back and did a collage project.
They both enjoyed it...
But not so much that they didn't fight over the glue bottles. Which were EXACTLY THE SAME.
Sigh.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment