Since we spent the last 3 days mostly at the pool, I don't have that many pictures of our weekend. Because I'm not taking my camera or my phone inside the pool area. Way too much risk and yes, it will happen to me!
On Friday, the kids and I went to the Soulard Farmer's Market. I love it down there. All the surroundings are so old and the produce is so fresh of course. We had fun picking out grapes, tomatoes (for Scott of course), lettuce, and potatoes. I would give Nate the money and he would pay and get the change. Great learning experience. Excuse the blurriness, they would not stop moving.
There is a park next to the market and when we were done, we stopped and played for a little bit. Then we were surrounded by a group from a nearby daycare, so we wandered up to the next park. Where I had to explain homeless people. Such a hard thing for Nate to comprehend. But I'm thankful for any experience that allows me to share with him just how blessed we are.Then we proceeded to the pool after naps. And spent copious amounts of time in the water, going off the diving board, and down the slides. It was the first time I've left Nate in the pool, while taking Lila to the bathroom. That experience combined with him playing with his friends AWAY from me the entire time almost made me cry. I'm so proud of him and his swimming abilities. Makes me wish I had pushed swim team a little harder this year. My dream for him.
After swimming, we went to eat dinner at Steak N Shake. The kids were well behaved and the grilled cheese tasted heavenly after all that swimming. Score.
More swimming on Saturday and a friend's BBQ and then we were into Father's Day. And Scott had to work. But we hit up the Majestic for breakfast before he had to go in. It was barely sprinkling, but Lila had to take her umbrella anyway.
Shame on me for not getting a picture of the kids with Scott for Father's Day. We had a good breakfast and then he was off to a very long day at work. We of course, went swimming.
Thank you Scott for all that you do for us! Now when do we get to the 7 off?? :)
1 comment:
The pool, Steak n Shake AND the Majestic! I am so jealous.
Post a Comment