Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pool & Kiddo Tags

I don't have a lot of news lately. Unless you want to hear that we've been to the pool 4 out of the last 5 days. Because we have. We are addicts. I sort of feel like I'm back in my CCC days (Charleston Country Club), when we saw the inside of that pool every single day during the summer. It's a goal I aspire to meet, along with being the sitting in the chair mom at the pool.

But my idea for this post really has nothing to do with the pool, or maybe it does just a bit. I'm a little tired these days so I tend to go off on tangents.



Have you heard of Kiddo Tags? If you have small children that go to public places, i.e...school, daycare, church, camp, the POOL, etc...then these are lifesavers. I first found them when Lila was a baby. Since Nate didn't go to organized care until he was out of the bottle stage, I didn't really have to worry about labeling bottles and pacifiers. But with Lila, I did.

I knew I wanted something that would go through the dishwasher, so I googled it. And back came Kiddo Tags. I used them for Lila's bottles and really anything that needed labeling. They stayed on a didn't fray for a year until we threw out the bottles. Amazing.

When it came time for Nate to go to camp last summer, I ordered him some. To put on water bottles, lunch box stuff, books, etc...I've been known to put them on our iPhone chargers so that no one steals them:)

I think my favorite product is the laundry washable tags. Lila's school has water play every day in the summer. So they change out of their clothes twice a day (those WONDERFUL teachers). Everything has to be labeled. Funny that I didn't mind taking a permanent marker to Nate's school clothes back in the day, but no way was I doing that to Lila's. Even her school clothes (way too pretty!). They stick right onto the tag or right on the garment (since so many clothes are tagless these days).

Kiddo Tags does not know I'm writing this and are not compensating me in any way. I just thought you might want to know about these tags if you have a small child in your life!


1 comment:

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

How cool! I hate it when I use the Sharpie and then even it fades.