Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cardinals X 2

I've been visiting with my peeps in Nashville this week, so better late than never updating on last weekend's activities! On Friday, the kids and I were running errands when I got a phone call from the art studio where Nate has taken some classes. I had made a donation and was entered into a raffle for 4 Cardinals tickets. Well. I won! I never win anything so I was so excited. Then I remembered that Scott was working. But quickly decided that I would just take the kids by myself. CRA-zy. But Scott ended up switching shifts and was able to join us. 

My sweet ones before the game. 2 games in 1 week! We were excited!
I know it sounds weird, but even after all these years, and all the games I've been to, I still get butterflies when I walk into Busch Stadium. It's electric in there. You may laugh now. 

Lila's favorite player is Yadi and she was so excited to see him! It must have been fate that we won the tickets because it was Kids Day and they were handing out Yadi practice jerseys to all the kids. Score! My dear friend Penny gave us this Cardinals necklace and it made for the perfect accessory.
We were so glad to have Scott join us - I love this picture of Nate! So So happy.
Little Miss was pretty good. Or pretty wild. She is a total mess.
After our great time at the game, we headed home for a good night's rest because Mimi & Paka were coming on Sunday! Everybody was so glad to see them and we're happy to have them here for the week. On Sunday afternoon, we took a walk to Nate's new school and played on the playground. Here's Nate on top of the big boulder.
Of course Lila had to join him. With help from Paka.
Sweet babies...
Now we're headed into the weekend again and I'm so glad it's almost Friday!

1 comment:

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

You won tickets!!!! That is awesome! Who ever wins all those things anyway. I totally agree with you about Busch - there is some magic to it!