I've sat down to write a post several times since Sunday. In the spirit of blogging more and all. Yet, my thoughts are so jumbled, I erase and stare at the blank screen. My thoughts range from huge, epic events like the anniversary of September 11th to small, mundane events like what the heck are we going to eat for dinner tonight. Then there are those thoughts in the middle. That's where all the true worries lie.
Worries about Nate growing up and doing things on his own outside of the safe walls of our house. Worries about Lila and her spunky explosive-in-a-physical way personality. Worries that it's been 11 years today at my current job and the struggles that it still continues to bring. Worries that my comfort zone is about to change, even though I know it needs to desperately. And worries that I'm not thankful enough for the comforts and security that I already have as Scott & I look into the future.
Thank goodness for Scott, my kids, and college football or I'd pretty much be a mess all the time. And Matthew 6:34 came away from the binding a long time ago. "Do not be worried about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." If only I could truly grasp that. Workin on it.
1 comment:
Amen, sister!
Post a Comment