I wouldn't say that fish is my favorite meat, but for some reason fish sandwiches appeal to me. I made these this weekend and they were very good! I made Nate's tilapia separate since he wouldn't have liked the seasoning. Very good and very easy!
Blackened Tilapia Sandwiches (Paula Deen, November-December 2011)
1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
1 tblsp blackening seasoning (I used Durkee New Orleans Style)
2 tblsp butter
4-6 hoagie rolls
Sauce (I took a shortcut and used Boar's Head Cajun Remoulade Mayonnaise)
Lettuce
Tomato
Sprinkle tilapia with blackening seasoning. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Serve on toasted hoagies with sauce, lettuce & tomato.
Super Duper Sauce (in case you feel like making it)
1 cup mayo
1 tblsp green onion
2 tblsp lemon juice
2 tsp sweet pickle relish
2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Creole seasoning
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment