Monday, November 21, 2011

Lila's 1st Birthday Party!

We celebrated my youngest baby's first birthday this past weekend.  It was joyous and bittersweet at the same time. I am so thankful for her and in most ways am glad she is on the independent upswing. But there is a part of me that wishes she was a teeny tiny baby for a little bit longer.

Lila's party was a ladybug theme and she was the cutest ladybug of them all. A family friend made the cakes and I was so happy with how they turned out. Everything was perfect and as it was pointed out at the party, it all matched, because that's the way that I like it:)
I'd like to say my child is above getting juice all over the front of her made for this special occassion outfit. But alas, she is not.  And of course I didn't get any pictures pre-juice.  You'll just have to imagine.  I think she's pretty cute anyway.
She's the life of the party, even at only 1 year old.  She was telling me all about it here.
It really does not get any sweeter than this. Cherub face. Wispy hair. Teeny tiny mouth.
Playing with Wayne before the party.  She was a trooper and lasted way past the last guest's departure.  Yet another difference between her and Nate:)
She was ready for the cake - I had no doubt she would be a sugar lover.
Just give me the cake, K?
Dainty at first. But did not waste time.
Nate got such a kick out of watching her dig in.  He was in stictches the whole time. It egged her on.
Sweet cousins.  Nate & Noah played so well together the whole time and I was so glad that Nate had a friend.
Who me? The sugar coma is already setting in.
Time for presents! She was less than interested...
But Nate & Noah were happy to help.
Sweet Lila Lou, we love you so much! Thank you for the honor of being your mom. I just don't think you can get any sweeter. But yet, every day you do.

No comments: