Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Mad Scientist





















When we figured out that Scott was going to be out of town for the Science Lab Lowe's Build & Grow, I started to get nervous.  Nate loves to mix potions and there was no way he was going to miss it.  I agreed to take him - I mean, it couldn't be that hard, right?  The Lowe's people surely help your child put the thing together. 

Um. Not so much. You show up and receive your kit and hammer and they show you the tables where you can build.  My heart started to beat really fast.  The tables were full so we found a place on the floor, pulled Lila up close in her stroller, and got to work. I mean I got to work.

I couldn't really figure out the directions so I tried to use common building sense.  Nate helped me along the way and after the first nail, I got smarter about starting it for him and not actually holding the box while he hammered - funny how that works better.

We survived and Nate was so proud of his Science Lab.  On the way out of Lowe's, he said, "Mom, you did a really good job.  I liked coming to Build and Grow with you. You can come again next time." Melt.my.heart. I was pretty proud of myself too. I am so not a builder of anything.


When we got home, he played and played with the potions.  We created volcano after volcano and he thought I was really cool for about 10 minutes. My little scientist.  

No comments: