Monday, August 29, 2011

Recipe Monday

One of my favorite dishes is Chicken Parmesan. I don't often make it during the week because it is a multi-step dish and I just don't have the time. I made our version this weekend and thought I would share. If you have one that you think I'd like to try, let me know!

Chicken Parmesan (Colleen Haass)

4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
Seasoned Bread Crumbs
8 slices mozzarella
1 jar spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese

Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. In a skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat, brown on both sides until golden. Set chicken in baking dish.

Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella and put town on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti.

Note: I use Panko bread crumbs and mix with dry italian seasoning. Also, I use shredded mozzarella so you don't have to use as much.

Enjoy!

No comments: