Friday, August 12, 2011

Lasts

This week has been a week of "lasts" for Nate. Last train ride to school. Last day of school. Last time to see his teachers. Last 4 day week. Last Nate & Mom Day (transformed into Nate, Lila & Mom Fridays now).

And in case you are wondering, I'm a mess. Nate? He couldn't be happier about going to kindergarten next week. I guess I should find happiness in that, and I do, but every time I look at him, I see the baby Nate, the 2-year old Nate, the 3 going on 4 Nate...you get the point.

We had a great last Friday together. He had to go to the dentist and for some kids that would not be the start of a good day, but as we were leaving this morning, he said, "Mom, I am sooooo excited to go to the dentist!" And he was such a big kid at the dentist. Went right back when they called his name, while Lila & I waited in the waiting room.

From the dentist, we went to pick up flowers for his teachers to give to them at their end of the year party today. Then we went to Jilly's Cupcake Bar for a celebration lunch, where I took these...


Ignore the sweet potatoes on Lila's face. I think she's still cute.


Then we came home and while Lila took a nap, Nate & I watched 101 Dalmatians (he had never seen it before) and ate popcorn. After making peanut butter playdoh and playing Clone Wars, we headed off to meet Scott for the school party. To finish off the night, we ate Mexican at Nate's request.


It was a perfect last Friday. Although I'm drained. I didn't think Nate going to kindergarten would be hard for me. But it is. But I guess that's okay. It's kinda funny when you think about it - you want your kids to grow up, but when they do, you are sad. Here's to making the next 13 years count before he goes to college.


Nate, we are so very proud of you and know you are going to be a rock star at kindergarten! We love you so much sweet boy!

1 comment:

Amanda Odom said...

Don't worry, I am crying too... I have been thinking about you all a lot lately. I stuck a little something in the mail for the big kindergarten kid! It happens to fast!!! Love you all and hope to talk with you tonight or tomorrow!