Nate: Mom, it's a good thing Lila has an extra brother.
Me: Oh? Who would that be?
Nate: Dad of course.
Me: Well, Dad is...well...her Dad.
Nate: Well, he's her extra brother too.
Me: Good to know.
Nate: Mom, do you want me and Dad to take Lila with us to the store?
Me: No, that's okay, you don't have to.
Nate: Mom, why does Dad always tell me to come ask you things. Is he not in charge of the baby?
Me: (laughing hysterically) No, I guess he's not.
(Kids in one room, me in another...Lila crying)
Me: Nate, can you please put Lila's pacifier back in her mouth?
Nate: Um. It's in her mouth.
Me: (big sigh) Awesome.
Me: How was your day at school?
Nate: Well, it was good. Except for one bad thing.
Me: What happened?
Nate: Well, we have this new friend. His name is D. He told me that I didn't know everything and I told him I did.
Me: You do know about many things, but even Mom & Dad don't know everything.
Nate: Well I do.
Me: That's why we go to school. To learn. But it would be impossible to know everything.
Nate: (getting frustrated) I DO know everything. Me & Wayne do!
Me: You got me there.
No comments:
Post a Comment