Nate loves his Legos. And sometimes I spend lots of time worrying that he is overindulged with the Legos. But then I take time to sit down with him while he is building Legos by himself. The overindulgence just might be worth it. It is so neat to see him be able to build creations by himself using the instructions. His little mind just clicks as he works away. He does get frustrated at times, but always seems to work through it. Building Legos has definitely increased his manual dexterity, which is helping with his handwriting as well as his ability to think outside the box. Not to mention the countless hours of imagination play that he does after the creations are built. I like Legos because they are not trendy - Scott's Legos from 25 years ago look just the same. And hopefully e-Bay will still be around when we want to sell Nate's in 25 years...who am I kidding?? Do you think they would really let me sell them??


Well, Baby Sister is still in there. So much for me thinking that she was going to come early. I guess technically she could still come a little early, as I am not 40 weeks until Friday. But I really thought she was going to come this weekend - so much for thinking. Scott had to be out of town for work, so my mom came and hung out with us this weekend. No action on the baby front, although I sure thought something was happening on Saturday. Zilch. What a tease. One thing I do know is that she will come on her own perfect timing.
So in the mean time, I've cleaned everything I can clean, and even some places that I don't normally clean - like why I was possessed to pour bleach down the sink drains this morning, ya know, cause there might be something nasty down there that needed disinfecting. And I've laundered everything that would sit still long enough - even the cat got a bath last week. And I've packed and re-packed everyone's bag. And I've discussed every possible scenario of her arrival with Scott including if she came at 2:04 PM on Tuesday (Not kidding. It has gotten to that point.)
So to say we are ready is an understatement - but perfect timing is perfect timing, can't argue with it. And now I'm on to thinking about Thanksgiving dinner because I have a sweet almost 5-year old that is very interested in turkey, gravy and of course pumpkin pie. My mom educated him about the Pilgrims & the Mayflower this weekend (thanks to Charlie Brown and a book from the History museum - they don't learn about this is school anymore? Must not be politically correct?) So even though we might be at the hospital on Thanksgiving, Nate is going to eat his turkey and his 2nd pumpkin pie - thankfully I have a healthier recipe than regular pumpkin pie!
Check back for baby sister updates. Or rants of insanity. If she waits too much longer, there are sure to be both in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment