Over Memorial Day weekend, the kids & I made a short trip to the cabin to see my parents. The kids love their new dog, Sheila! She is an Australian Shepherd and will hopefully be helpful in moving the cows one day when she's old enough.
She's super popular, I tell ya:)
We came back to St. Louis the next day and went to church on Sunday. Lila was getting wrapped up like a mummy in Sunday school and was such a good sport!
I am so tired of cooking the same thing over and over again. How 'bout y'all? Also, I feel like my go-to recipes don't transfer to the summer months well. So I decided that we would try Hello Fresh. Overall, it probably won't be a fit for our family long term (the kids are not super adventurous in their eating), but it was fun!
I did like the fact that the instructions are very detailed and for the most part they supply the exact amount of ingredients needed. This made it very easy for Nate to cook dinner for us!
This was a summer pasta with chicken sausage and Scott & I thought it was very good. Nate was so-so and I'll let you guess how Lila felt about it. Ha!
During this week, we also made food boxes for the Missouri United Methodist Conference. One of our family missions is to help feel the hungry. The kids each did their own box, and I tried to help them understand the concept of "if you can't feed them all, feed just one." I told them I hoped their boxes would go to kids their ages whose families needed help. Now more than ever, we think it's important for them to understand that hunger is a real issue, and since we are capable, we want to do our part to help those in need. We also worked at the Food Bank this month, and I think this helps reinforce the concepts for them in addition to what we do at home, school and church.
Action shots...no one would stop working long enough for me to take a good picture!
Next up: Our BIG adventure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment