I happen to like it best when Easter falls in April. When it is in March, it just seems too early! It was a beautiful weekend, although Saturday was prettier weather than Sunday. The kids were out of school on Friday, so they went with me to get the car washed and to get the ham for our Easter dinner. Who knew they both loved the car wash so much! I guess they have not been with me in a while and it was some cheap fun for sure.
We came home to dye our Easter eggs, and their personalities were on full display. Lila was done in about 10 minutes, and it literally took Nate over an hour to dye 12 eggs. Perfectionist, he is. Saturday morning was so nice!! Lila & I had breakfast and drank tea on the front porch.
Then we went to the local park's Easter Egg hunt. We had some extra time before it started so we walked over to get some lemonade.
It was so crazy at the hunt, I'm thinking next year that I will just hide candy around the house. Yes, I think that's what I will do.
That afternoon, Lila & I went to get pedicures for Easter! She is so funny when the ladies try to talk to her, she just smiles sweetly until I interpret. Ha!
My sweet Easter blessings:) I managed to throw away their Easter baskets in the move. And didn't figure it out until Saturday. Mother of the year right here. At least I had already purchased these reusable Easter bags. Maybe I subconsciously knew...
Hunting eggs at church, I love this picture of her looking up in the tree for eggs.
Be still my heart. When did this happen?!?
I had to be quick because Nate was ready to acolyte. We had a great morning at church, although everyone seemed a little hopped up on candy. Ha!
We came home to veg out and get ready for the week. I decided to have our Easter dinner on Saturday night this year to avoid the Sunday night crankiness (since we wait for Scott to get home). It was a winner and I would do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment