Lila turned 6 on November 26th! Our company was leaving that morning so after they hit the road, we started celebrating with some presents! Lila has the best faces when opening presents and Nate is the BEST big brother when assisting her.
After we opened up a few gifts, our power went out?!? Little did we know, it would be off all day.
We face-timed Scott at work and Lila opened her big present...a American Girl doll!
Love at first sight:) Her name is Lea.
In the afternoon, we took two of Lila's friends to the Painted Zebra to paint pottery.
Nate went with me to chaperone. He was the best chaperone.
These three are inseparable. They were in pre-school together for 2 years and their teacher recommended that they all be in the same Kindergarten class. Three friends is sometimes a hard situation because there is the potential of somebody being left out. But I'm amazed how they all use their different strengths to have such a special friendship.
Birthday party by candlelight! I wasn't kidding, the power was off all day. Alllll day.
When I figured out that the power was probably not going to come back on before we had the girls over to our house, I thought about canceling. Besides that it gets dark so early, it was kind of cold that day, so it was cold in our house. But I'm so glad we forged ahead, it will be a memorable birthday for sure!
After the party, we hung out for a bit to wait on Scott to get home. Then we walked over to the Post for dinner and some heat. I was so glad my parents gave Scott this stellar flashlight that lit up our living room! The power ended up coming on about 11:00 PM. It was a crazy, fun, weird day!
Sweet Lila,
We are proud every day that you are our daughter. You are smart, courageous, witty, kind, and independent. We love you so much. We know your sixth year is going to be the best yet and we hope you never stop dreaming big dreams little one. Love, Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment